What can you do when the average precipitation is almost 11 feet each year? (That’s well over 3 meters!)
- Accept that potholes happen.
- Commit to continuous maintenance program.
- Promote a sense of humour.
These wicked road conditions remind me of our farm in northern Alberta.
Each rainy season, the driveway was impassable. We parked & packed groceries the 1/4 mile to the house.
Each year we added more rocks & gravel.
This is one reason I really enjoy the surf haven of Tofino.
- It’s another crazy place of extremes.
- Folks love it anyway.
- They have a sense of humour.
PS – The signs are from the Tofino Botanical Garden & the potholes are from MacKenzie Beach Road.